Our Commitment To Privacy
What Personal Information Do We Collect from Individuals Who Use This website?
Information You Provide. We collect the personal information you knowingly and voluntarily provide (about yourself and others) when you use this website. The information we collect depends on how you use this website.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your Web browser. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. Generally, we use this information to create statistics that help us improve this website and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors.
The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally, and we do not link it to information that identifies you personally. However, we may review our server logs for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into our network. If we suspect criminal activity, we may share our server logs – which contain visitors’ IP addresses – with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. We use “cookies” and other Web technologies to collect information and support certain features of this website. For example, we use these technologies to
- Collect information about the ways visitors use this website – which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- To support the features and functionality of this website – for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the setting you established on previous visits to the website; and
- To personalize your experience when you use this website.
Generally, the information we collect using these Web technologies does not identify your personally, however, it may be linked to information that does identify you personally, such as the information you provide when you register or request information on this website.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave this website. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit this website, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of this website.
How Does Cochlear Use Your Personal Information?
- To provide the products, information and services you request;
- For security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- To provide you with effective customer service;
- To provide you with a personalized experience when you use this website;
- To create a profile from the dealings we have with you to help understand what information you might be interested in receiving from us;
- To contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you;
- To contact you with information and notices related to your use of this website;
- To invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us;
- To improve the content, functionality and usability of this website;
- To improve our products and services and develop new products and services;
- To improve our marketing and promotional effort;
- To support and improve the use of our products and services, including hearing assistance devices (for example, to enable fitting, activation, maintenance, management and medical liaison regarding the device) and to service any customer warranty rights;
- To maintain a distribution record of Cochlear products; and
- As set forth in any Privacy Notice or “click-through agreement” between you and us.
How Does Cochlear Disclose Personal Information?
Our Service Providers. We share personal information with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that provide website support services to us or that help us market our products and services. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide services on our behalf.
Health Care Providers. We may share your personal information with health care providers, if we first obtain your consent.
As Described in a Privacy Notice or Click-Through Agreement. We reserve the right to use disclose your personal information as described in any Privacy Notice posted on the Web page where you provide that information or as provided in any “click-through” agreement between you and us.
Links to Third-Party Websites
While we endeavour to maintain appropriate measures to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted over the Internet and urge users to take every precaution to protect personal information while using the Internet. Please bear this in mind particularly if you are providing information which is sensitive or particularly private.
SSL Protection. When you log in or begin the checkout process within this website, we require that a secure connection between your computer and our server be established. We use a technology called Secure Socket Layers (SSL), an encryption technology that works with most browsers. A secure connection is maintained until you leave the secure area of the Website. Although we use SSL encryption to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information as it travels over the Internet, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet and we can not guarantee the safety of transmitting personal information over the Internet.
No one under the age of 18 is permitted to access this website. This website is not directed nor targeted to individuals under the age of 18. We do not use this website to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of 13.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. In most cases, however, we will ask you to indicate your choices at the time we collect your personal information. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you do not wish to receive promotional communications from us.
Accessing, Updating and Correcting Personal Information
You may contact us and ask us what personal information we have collected about you through this website. We will respond to you within a reasonable time. Generally, we will try to comply with your request, although there may be some exceptions, for example, if there would be an unreasonable impact on other peoples’ privacy or to avoid prejudicing an investigation of unlawful activity. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee under appropriate circumstances and as permitted by law.
You may request correction of any factual errors in the personal information we hold about you by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We may need to flag your records with a suitable explanation rather than change or delete the information.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing you with your details or correcting/adding notes to our records.
Where Will Your Personal Information be Processed?
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US THROUGH OUR SITES, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR ANY IN OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.
Attn: Privacy Officer
13095 E. Peakview Ave
Centennial, CO 80111
Fax No. 1-866-922-7912